Sunday, May 24, 2015

05/14/2015 Second Breakfast, First Kiss Date #7 (Cher)

May 14, 2015 Second Breakfast, First Kiss (Cher)
Yia Yia's Pancake House - Indiana
8:30am to 10:00am

Our seventh date found us back at the same breakfast restaurant as before. With the promise of a potential kiss at hand, Erin sent me off with some playful teasing and wished me luck.

Cher and I ate the exact same meals we'd had last time. They were really good. We had decided beforehand that since we had the pesky armrest between us at the move theater, we would sit together in a booth, same side this time, and get a little cozy. That is exactly what we did.

For a brief moment, we almost lost our opportunity for coziness. One of the things we wanted to do was to go over her finances. She had it in her mind that she needs to declare bankruptcy. She had minimal debt ($10,000 though some is in collections) and so I wanted to walk her through Dave Ramsey concepts and budgeting before she made such a huge mistake. I suggested her boyfriend could get a second job delivering papers. She sent him off and he had a route that same night. When he realized we were planning to go over finances, he asked, "well shouldn't I be there too?" She was able to talk him out of coming.

We did manage to get our cozy booth, alone this time... no Z. We ate our breakfast as we talked over it and determined she wasn't anywhere near as bad off financially as she thought she was. With some hard work and discipline, she could not only avoid bankruptcy but also be debt free within a year to 18 months. I had a ham and cheese omlete (again) and she had a scramble. I put my arm around her and held her hand when I could and we did snuggle and get cozy sitting together on the same side of the booth.

Once we had finished, I paid and walked her to her car. We hugged and held each other there in the parking lot for quite some time. When we pulled apart, I leaned in and kissed her cheek and then her lips, intending only a peck, but as I started to pull back, she leaned a little forward and her lips parted and we kissed. She is not experienced in open mouth kissing, of which she had informed me, and while that was apparent in the kiss, I enjoyed it very much just the same. We had both had coffee at breakfast and it was a coffee flavored kiss. Now I seem to associate the taste of coffee with that kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment